Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Need

Everyone has unique reasons for needing a camper. My need developed as a result of my family’s emerging addiction over the last year to hiking California landmarks like Half-Dome and Whitney. We needed something small enough to get in and out of small campsites but big enough to house my wife and two kids. Originally, I wanted a teardrop but they are a little small for our needs, so we started looking for larger small trailers. I am also restoring a 60 Mercury Monterey, having found a couple of classic trailers, I thought that the lines of the Shastas complemented the Mercury. As such, I hope to convert that car into a matching tow car.
I have already learned a lot from fellow restores, thank you. Hopefully this blog will help others in their attempts to bring vintage trailers back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment